A deep need to be heard, to be understood and most of all find out if I am the only one out there, or there are more like me. I start this journey...Rapids of life...

Monday, September 8, 2008

Why in His Name

I was born free to rule and reign,
His creation, exemplary and Flawless
Trying to rebuild the Eden again
I had all tools to make the Universe marvellous

I had a body but no boundaries
I had a mind but no prejudices
I had the intellect, but no manipulations
I was the BEST in all gradations

Then came the god the one created by Man
A tool to vandalise, in whose awe the weak would stand..
The gods multiplied, and so did the wars
Centuries went by, but these religious armies won't disband.

Some call it a foundation, but its used as a crutch.
To support the rotting flesh, which can't do much
For terror and destruction that you do in HIS name
Looking from above HIS head would be hung in shame..

Take back the god and set the world free...
Put an end to this frenzy and the killing spree
Don't tell me my place, my religion, my creed..
I want to be sea, where all rivers meet..

1 comment:

Priya said...

This is a very nice work, Jyotsna. You have discussed the most sensitive issue with a very diplomatic style. I like your thought - Fight if you want to fight, but dont rest on His shoulders for your sadistic instincts!!